Sunday, September 7, 2014

toddlers in the studio

At this time of the year, the toddler teachers are kind enough to invite me into their classroom every Friday.  For the first few weeks we have agreed that I will simply observe the children and record these observations in a variety of ways for us to reflect on.
These reflections will inform our future explorations, but for now I am just getting to know who the children are and what interests them.
I record their encounters with the known world and the soft theories they are continually forming about how the world operates.
It is a graceful encounter, watching these young scientist/artists/big thinkers explore physics, social dynamics and basic phenomena through constant engagement with the environment and one another.
It never ceases to inspire me.

No comments:

Post a Comment