Friday, November 9, 2012

studio catch up

What has been happening in the studio?  A LOT!  And I must apologize for my negligence in sharing these creative wonders with you.  Personally, I have been busy moving into a new home and  let blogging fall by the wayside in the wake of paintbrushes, hammers, brooms and moving trucks.  I have returned to my posting duties with an olive branch of photos to share.
In the wake of Halloween, several children used their ingenuity to create impromptu costumes and paraded around the studio flaunting previously undiscovered elements of their personalities.
A group of boys repurposed some of my moving boxes into an innovative boat, which promptly became a pirate ship with crew captains, mates, cooks and elaborate maps to uncharted territories.  This boat remained a source of creative inspiration for several weeks.  After some group discussion, we decided it was time to move onto other pursuits and so the boat took its maiden voyage to the captain's, Oliver, place of residence.  Oliver is quoted as having replied to the question of where his boat was going to take him with the retort, "It IS a cardboard boat and NOT a real boat".  Alas, moving boxes can take you only so far.

Painting continues to be a popular activity, with water color and tempera being our materials of the moment.

The shadow box has prompted several students to cut black paper into scenes and characters for simple shadow plays and performances.  I have several wonderful video clips but in my efforts to upload them onto the blog I ran into the unfortunate problem of a frozen blog page...if anyone knows how to resolve this issue, please let me know.
Keep checking back I have much more to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment