Monday, December 14, 2015

How does a project develop?

One of the XP boys came to me with an idea: 
"Angelina, I want to make instruments and have a holiday band.  We can play Christmas songs together!"  
So we made a plan.  
He chose 4 friends that he wanted to begin working with and we set a date.  I gathered up a bunch of potential supplies: tubes, boxes, gourds, beans, wire, etc. and readied the study for their arrival.
When the day came, the boys began by drawings plans for their intended instruments.  Next they brainstormed which supplies were needed and then they set to work bringing their visions into form (I worked as a fulfillment factory...hot gluing, cutting and supporting as necessary.
When all instruments were complete the began to play.  We recorded several of their songs and Dag-nab-it... I can't figure out how to post them on the blog, but if you want to hear them in person, please swing by the studio or I can happily text the mp3 if you let me know you want to listen.  The songs are wonderful!!!
We shall see if music continues to take off after the long winter's break.

No comments:

Post a Comment