Sunday, September 9, 2012

Pears

Do you ever wonder what life might be like if we didn't encounter our concept of a thing but instead discovered it fresh and new?
Well children are fabulous examples of the curiosity and wonder that spills from such newness.  Every bug is worthy of a gasp, every new taste or sensation is worth a big reaction and all of life is teeming with inspiration.
In connecting children with the outdoors I am humbled to admit how much the children already know and how much I need to remember.  I follow them, asking questions and lending my own enthusiasm to their investigations.
And in turn they remind me of a world utterly overflowing with a magnificence and majesty...a world worth preserving and nurturing...a world that has the power to heal us if we will only step back and let it.

No comments:

Post a Comment