Wednesday, January 21, 2015

me's take over the studio


As you may remember, we have been exploring emotions and feelings in the studio, following the interests of the children.
My friend Z. came in the studio and made this incredible MEbot.  I was so inspired that I made one of my own.  We left our creations in the studio and a creative fire began.
Me's are filling up the studio in many shapes and sizes.  Some of them are complete and others wait on trays to be further embellished in the days ahead.
As they work the children have begun to imbue the Me's with feelings, noting that facial expression conveys emotion and evokes a response from others.
Some of the children are altering themselves before the photo is taken to better communicate the mood of their creation, while others explore a variety of facial expressions before settling on the one that will best personify their "Me".
I find that when parents and other adults see the work in the studio, I am given far too much credit.  The reality is that I am usually following a child's instruction and vision.  I often stand in front of their work in awe, inspired by their innovation and creativity year after year.

No comments:

Post a Comment