Wednesday, February 4, 2015

rats

The rats were eager to escape their cage and get some people time.  The afternoon 440 children noticed the rats climbing on the wires of the cage and soon we decided that they needed some focused attention.  The rats waited on my lap, while the children gathered around them, petting them, feeding them gold fish crackers and taking turns holding them.
Soon they decided to spend time drawing the rats and as they did they discovered new things about them and their habitat.
And here are a few things they had to say:
Rat Story        By Desmond

I studied whales and then I figured out that a lot were extinct, there are not living.  This is a bad and I figured out that a lot were lived.
There are 100 species of rats and so there are a lot alive.
I studied bugs and there are 100 billion and more.
Bears are extinct, lots of them, but there are still some bears.  The grey bears are not extinct.
At least that is my story.

Rat Story        By Zeger

The rat is in a cage.  It’ was captured with all its stuff: the brick, the house, the castle and its food.  Rats need sun and food and drinks.  It’s our job to take care of them.  You be nice to them.  The cage has an opening to let the people pet them and clean the cage.  It has whiskers for tickling people. I like rats.

No comments:

Post a Comment